Tropican Hand-Feeding Formula
€8.70 – €52.33
PREMIUM PARROT FOOD FOR OPTIMAL GROWTH
Tropican Hand-Feeding Formula provides proper daily nutrition for baby parrots up to fledgling, which is a critical age of a parrot’s life. Its flavorful recipe simplifies transition to the next Tropican Life Cycle Formula.
Who can benefit from Hand-Feeding Formula?
Hand-Feeding Formula is suitable for baby parrots up to fledglings. It can also be fed dry to Lories, Finches, Canaries and other small species as food supplement. View the photo gallery below to learn more about the benefits of providing Tropican Hand-Feeding Formula to your pet bird.
Administration of food with a feeding syringe is recommended provided you are confident of the proper technique to be used. Use a separate syringe for each clutch. If you are not confident with syringe feeding, a spoon bent on either side can also be used.
• Place syringe tip slightly into left side of beak with one hand. Pressure should be placed on the Beak’s commissures with the fingers of the other hand and palm of hand held behind the head of chick, preventing the syringe to injure the mouth when chick will react with a feeding response.
• When bird gives feeding response (head pumping), start feeding and aim towards the back right side of the mouth. Close monitoring of chick response and respiration is essential to prevent aspiration. Fill crop without excess stretching.
• A daily weight monitoring and amount fed chart should be kept for health growth parameters and future reference. Allow crop to completely empty between feedings.
• A bent teaspoon may also be used to slowly drip food into beak. Metal feeding tubes are not recommended, as they can pierce the crop and esophagus, allowing food to leak out.
Can be fed dry to lories, finches, canaries and other small species as food supplement.
• Lories: Feed the formula as a dry powder in a separate bowl. A second bowl may contain some diced fruits mixed with Prime and the formula however make sure the birds first are eating the dry food. Some sugar can be mixed up to 10 % with the formula to get the lories to start eating it, but discontinue this once the birds are eating the food. On a liquid diet of simple sugars, lories are sensitive to bacterial gut infections thus feeding exclusively a dry powder such as Tropican Hand-feeding Formula is not only easier but also leads to better health.
• Finches, canaries and other small species: As a dry powder in a separate bowl during stress, moulting, and breeding.
• Storage Instructions
• For maximum freshness, once opened, store in a cool, dry place. Our safe and effective CO2 treatment and air barrier bags ensure insect control and freshness. Manufactured in a facility that packages products containing nuts.
|Baby Age (days)||Hot Water to Dry Formula Ratio||Baby Brooder Guideline Temperature|
|0-2||90% / 10%||35.5°C – 36.5°C||96°F – 98°F|
|3-7||85% / 15%||33.5°C – 34.5°C||92°F – 94°F|
|7-21||80% / 20%||30.0°C – 32.5°C||86°F – 90°F|
|21+||75% / 25%||27.0°C – 30.5°C||80°F – 86°F|
Corn, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, wheat, brown rice, dehulled sunflower seeds, dehulled peanuts, sugar, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dicalcium phosphate, lecithin, calcium carbonate, yeast culture, flaxseed, dried beet pulp, dried kelp, oat groats, L-lysine, choline chloride, DL-methionine, biotin, vitamin E supplement, niacin, calcium L-ascorbyl-2-monophosphate (source of vitamin C), zinc oxide, manganous oxide, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, rosemary extract, beta-carotene, riboflavin, copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, inositol, folic acid, vitamin A supplement, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin D3 supplement.
|Crude protein (min.)||22.0%|
|Crude fat (min.)||11.0%|
|Crude fiber (max.)||3.5%|
|Iron (max.)||85 mg/kg|
|Vitamin A (min.)||5,500 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D3 (min.)||550 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E (min.)||220 IU/kg|
|Beta-Carotene (min.)||0.45 mg/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)||0.03%|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)||0.25%|